Universal Lubricants is proud to be on the leading edge of eco innovation, the process of applying new technology to an entire industry, thereby creating more environmentally-friendly products while also delivering unmatched performance.
Benefits of re-refining used oil:
- Re-refining technology turns a previously nonrenewable resource into a renewable one
- Re-refining used oil requires as much as 89 percent less energy than refining from virgin crude
- Re-refining used oil releases up to 65 percent harmful emissions than refining from virgin crude
- One gallon of motor oil can contaminate one million gallons of water if disposed of improperly
- While approximately 1.3 billion gallons of oil are used in America each year, only about 20 percent of that oil is repurposed